Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument® (HBDI®)
The foundation for thinking agility, cognitive diversity, and innovative thinking
The HBDI® is a powerful psychometric assessment that defines and describes the way you think and process information. It gives you insight into why you value certain types of information over others. With that valuable knowledge about yourself, you can learn how to “flex” into other ways of thinking to adapt to others – how they think, what they value, how they communicate – so you can bridge the gap, quickly.
The HBDI® is built on Whole Brain® Thinking, a holistic and complete model for making all kinds of decisions.
Personalized, On-Demand Learning
After completing the assessment, the person receives a comprehensive HBDI® Profile report that includes in-depth interpretation of the results, reference material about the Whole Brain® Model, comparison data, and activities for further exploration and development.
HBDI® Pair Profile
Give two people the practical tools and insights to interact effectively, work together more productively, and resolve issues that could be interfering with their results.
The HBDI® Pair Profile provides an in-depth analysis of two people and their thinking preferences, comparing and contrasting their individual HBDI® Profiles and creating new opportunities for application and impact. By identifying potential areas of synergy and conflict (under everyday/normal conditions and when they’re under pressure), the report delivers invaluable data that will help any two people prepare for successful interactions and maintain productive relationships.
The Pair Profile builds on the insights gained from the individual HBDI® Profile, providing two people with a comprehensive analysis of their workplace dynamics and a roadmap for success. They explore their similarities, discover the benefits of their differences, and learn techniques for communicating and working together optimally to reach their common goals.
Use it when you need to:
- Introduce two people (a new hire, leader, business partner, coach, mentor or other new team member)
- Improve the synergy in an existing pair relationship (peer-to-peer, leader-direct report, coach-coachee, mentor-mentee, facilitator-learner or others)
- Help two people resolve conflict or deal with other issues that could be interfering with their effectiveness
Actual results reported from using the HBDI® Pair Profile:
- 99% effectiveness in mentor/mentee program (up from 50%)
- 71% of managers reporting improved ability to delegate
- Employees better able to meet manager expectations
- Shorter, less stressful, more productive one-on-one meetings