Are you passionate about doing work that makes a difference? Do you want the opportunity to drive the growth of a company that’s transforming its business by transforming the way people think?
We apply insights from more than 30 years of cognitive research to help Thinkers at leading corporations, governments and non-profit institutions around the world unlock smarter ways to innovate, compete and accelerate change. We’re looking for team members to join us our mission to deliver Transformative Thinking to the world.
Here are just a few benefits you’ll enjoy as a member of the Herrmann team:
- A 100% virtual environment, which allows you to work in an environment that makes sense to you. It also provides flexibility and great work-life balance!
- Being part of a team of intelligent, motivated and supportive people who will push you to do your best work.
- Opportunities to grow and develop your skills to build the career you want.
Herrmann’s mission is better thinking for a better world, and our Development team supports this mission by servicing our clients with new tools, technologies, and content to empower individuals, teams, and organizations to understand and transform their thinking. You’ll partner and support Herrmann’s Innovation Team to deliver transformative thinking to millions of Thinkers.
- Primarily be responsible for evaluating and testing new/modified software to verify it functions according to specifications
- Focus on testing applications in Herrmann’s proprietary AXON system and domain, supporting the website process and other cross concept applications and integration components
- Collaborate with developers in all aspects of the development cycle, from design through implementation to test and deployment
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures ensuring they are repeatable and compliant with standards
- Create and maintain the following QA Artifacts: Test Plan/Strategy, Test Cases, Test Status Report, Test Coverage Report, Final Test Report
- Execute all levels of testing which includes Functional, Integration, Black Box/White Box, Acceptance, Regression, and Performance
- Document software defects and validate after defect resolution
- Participate in product design reviews and provide input on functional requirements, schedules, issues, and risks
- Identify deviations from standards and suggest modifications to ensure compliance
You should have…
- 3-5 years of experience in Quality Assurance testing and demonstrated proficiency with Selenium, PhantomJS, Karma or other scripting tools
- Ability to review systems and modules to determine what testing to automate
- Strong knowledge of QA testing principles and strategies
- Expertise with automation scripting with ability to design, build, test, and deploy end to end solution for complex applications on different browsers and operating systems
- Ability to work under pressure and meet scheduled deadlines
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Database/Database file verification experience
- Team Player with a positive attitude
- Self-starter/self-motivated to aid in increasing QA’s efficiency and processes
- Experience working in remote/virtual environment
- Comfort and ability to work in a home office as a team member of a virtual company, while keeping pace with the demands of the job
- Ability to learn new technologies and areas of the business quickly
We would also like to see…
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (e.g., Computer Science)
- Knowledge/Experience with Agile Philosophy
- Mobile App testing experience & SOASTA cloud test experience
- Ability to interpret performance testing results and make tuning recommendations
- Ability to script with JMeter, PhantomJS, Karma or Selenium for end-to-end automation
- Knowledge of Databases like Postgresql or mysql
- Hands on latest industry standard tools in SDLC is a plus.
- Certifications an advantage including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Six Sigma
Location & virtual working
We are a 100% virtual company and this role is primarily supporting our US business. We are looking for someone preferably to reside in one of our cluster work locations of Asheville, Savannah, Washington DC to work during the business hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
If you are an individual that is highly organized, motivated to contribute to business growth & increase revenue, and can work in a completely 100% virtual work environment then you should be able to thrive and succeed at Herrmann!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of thinking preferences, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.